Since this blog has started I’ve received some nominations for blogger awards. And I’ve fallen behind on posting them. So, thank you all for reading! (I hope you continue to do so.) Let’s continue on for the Q&A.
The first one is from my good friend Dee (Josei Next Door).
- If you had the opportunity, would you go see a musical based on an anime or manga? Yeah, the dream musical I’d like to see is a Sailor Moon Miscal. I watch (and rewatch) them on Youtube all the time. What? You didn’t know there were Sailor Moon Musicals? They’re magical.
- PC, Mac, or other? My Husband and I are a part of what he calls he PC-Gamer Master-Race, so… PC
- What Internet browser do you usually use? One day Chrome just appeared on my computer (thanks husband) and I’ve used it ever since. No regrets.
- iOS, Android, Windows Phone, other, or none? Iphone for now, but I’m not married to it. I think I’ll be moving to Android soon.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Halloween! The decorations and horror-movie specials are almost enough for me, but there’s the added bonus that I can buy BAGS of candy without people giving me strange looks.
- Do you (or have you ever) played an instrument? Nope, I was never a band nerd.
- Have you ever traveled outside of your country? Yep, My mother lived in Germany for a short while, and I have family in Italy. I’ve also visited Japan, France, and Austria.
- What’s your favorite decade? I actually wish I was a college student in the late 80’s early 90’s. It was a time of great music, movies, and style. Besides that, I’m really intrigued with World War II Era.
- What’s the last movie you saw in theaters? Ant-Man. It was surprisingly delightful.
- What’s your favorite type of cake? Chocolate (I’m SUPER original)
- What’s the weirdest anime or manga you’ve ever watched or read? You guys are going to hate me but Fooly Cooly was one of those Anime’s that was almost too weird for me to watch it.
I was also nominated by Fujoshika (https://fujoshika.wordpress.com/) Thanks lovely! Here are her questions:
- What is your biggest fear? This probably sounds silly but I’m really afraid that someday I’ll lose the use of my legs. I’m a really big runner, it’s how I deal with stress and anxiety. So the thought of losing that outlet is really unnerving for me.
- If you could spend the rest of your life doing one thing, what would it be? Writing! I could seriously write blog entries, short stories, and novels for my entire life and never get bored. There just isn’t enough time in the day for me.
- What anime/manga would you always watch/read? This shouldn’t surprise anyone but Dragonballz is a anime that I’ll never get tired of.
- What got you into anime? Dragonballz and Sailor Moon. I remember it was so different compared to the other cartoons on television. My cousin, who was an older fan of anime, really helped get me into everything.
- How did you react to your first yaoi manga/anime? I liked it (and that was weird.) It took years before I could ship a yaoi pairing without feeling shame.
- Which genre do you like the most in anime? Oddly enough I like Shounen- I don’t like ALL Shounen, but some of my favorite animes have been in this genre. I also really like a good horror anime.
- What is your favorite color? Is Rainbow a color? Because I really do like all colors equally.
- What sort of antagonist do you find the most interesting? I enjoy antagonist who have no limits to their evil. Those that are so evil you never know what they’ll do next.
- What is one thing you love about yourself? I know what I’m passionate about. Some people can go their entire lives looking for this.
- If you could redo one moment in your life, what would that be? Ugh, there are sooo many moments I would like to redo. I think one of the biggest ones is how I did high school. My mom left for Germany doing my Sophomore and Junior year and she gave me the choice to go with her or not. I wish I would have taken her up on that offer.
- Do you think you will ever outgrow anime/manga? Haha, after years of people asking me this question I think I can say, Nope! There will always be new shows that capture my interest.
Thanks again for the nominations all!
Since there is SOOO much information here and a lot of my blogger friends have already been nominated I’m just going to make a very general nomination list. For any and all the girls at Female Geek Bloggers who have yet to be nominated for this award consider this a nomination and answer the following questions.
- What was your first fandom?
- Tell us a memory from your first convention?
- Do you prefer Marvel or DC?
- Who is your favorite villain?
- Has your fandom ever made you cry?
- Name a show, movie, or book that you refused to acknowledge but later came to enjoy?
- What is your favorite Pixar film?
- Who would you like to Cosplay if an outfit were to be magically made for you?
- What book would you like to see turn into a movie?
- Do you play / or have played a sport?
- If you could make a wish on the dragonballs what would it be?