1. Fall Anime Season
I don’t think it is a secret anymore that the Summer Anime Line Up has been kind of a disappointment for me, which is why I am really excited for the upcoming season. There are a number of shows that I can’t wait to Binge watch. I will have to carefully pick which ones I’ll want to simulcast watch and which ones will be put off to binge. Right now I am most excited about Haikyuu, Norigami, and One Punch Man.
2. Fall Television
Fall is one of my favorite times for television. There are a few new shows that I’m interested to see if they will be new fan favorites. The Muppets, Scream Queens, American Horror Story Hotel and finally Ash Vs. The Evil Dead. See a trend there? Yeah, I’m a bit of a horror nerd but Muppets should be the bright spot of happy amongst the gore fest. Also, Bob’s Burgers should be starting up soon!
3. Fall Movies
Everyone knows Fall is one of the best times for movies. Right now I’m counting down the days until I can see The Martian (Oct 2), Crimson Peak (Oct 16), and Victor Frankenstein (Nov 25). Crimson Peak looks like the only true horror movie for the Halloween Season but the book nerd in me is also really excited to see The Martian with its stellar cast and the dark retelling of Victor Frankenstein. What do you know, a movie where they finally realized Frankenstein was the doctor.
4. Fall Books
October promises to be a great month for books, but it will all begin with the end of September when Six of Crows comes out. I have been salivating over the book cover for months, hopefully the story is just as beautiful. After that Carry On by Rainbow Rowell comes out, then the first Black Widow YA novel from Marvel. Finally at the end of the month Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kauffmen. Whew, and that isn’t including the books I’ll be reading for book club. Guess I won’t be leaving the house.
5. Fall Events
And to top this all off in October I’ll be going to New York Comic Con where I’ll be spending all the monies.
A round up of internet things For Fans, By Fans, with the Help of Fans
- Making national headlines this week was a story about a young Star Wars fan who was being bullied at school because, “Girls shouldn’t like Star Wars.” Fans from around the country sent her letters or moral support that has helped this young fan regain her confidence. I love it when fans come together to help each other.
- Media Post wrote about how Television shows can harness the “power of fans” for their benefit.
- Transformative Works and Culture Vol 20. is out! This one looks as Fan Spaces like blogs, Fan shrines, Zines, and more! Check it out.
- More Star Wars News! With Halloween coming up I would like to point out that Disney has apparently gotten rid of gender identification for their Halloween costumes.
- The Wall Street Journal wrote an article about fan films, a side of fandom that I’m not familiar with and that fascinates me! Read it here to learn more about Fan Films.