If you still haven’t put together your Christmas Wish Lists or if you’re still looking for a gift check out these Fandom (Black) Friday Sales.
- Crunchyroll: While they haven’t announced it yet Crunchyroll has always had some kind of Black Friday Sale in the past. Right now, I’ve been eyeing the Angewomon and Hikari Figure for a couple months now. If it goes on sale you bet I’ll snatch it up as a holiday present to myself. But be on the lookout in case Crunchy decides to give out deals on their store or for premium access.
- We Love Fine: Has some of the best, high-quality Geek clothes on the web and YES they are having a holiday sale. Nov 23-27 all Marvel items are half off. Including the highly coveted (by me) Spider Gwen Cardigan.
- While we’re on the topic of Geeky Clothes Hot Topic is also having Black Friday sales (both online and in store.) Their recent Miyzaki collection caught my eye not too long ago, they also have Marvel, DC, and now Star Wars accessories that make great Holiday gifts. Some of the clothes are from Her Universe, so you know they are beautiful pieces. Speaking of which, I’m totally obsessed with this Darth Vadar Cape Dress.
- Nintendo Cyber Deals: Yep, Nintendo plans on doing some awesome cyber deals on their Estore which is what I’m eyeing. They are also doing some awesome deals at Target and Walmart if you’re in need of a 3DS or WiiU.
- Think Geek: Think Geek hasn’t announced their Black Friday sales yet, but it’s coming! In the meantime, browse their website and see if there’s anything that catches your eye before the sale. I really like these Harry Potter House sweatpants as some lounge clothes on Christmas morning, and try this pokemon soaps as stocking stuffers.
A round-up of internet things For Fans, By Fans, with the Help of Fans
- Depepi has compiled a list of great Fanthropology reads if anyone is interested in learning more about fan culture. Check out her recommendations here.
- So Fall and Winter are big sports seasons and I’ve been watching a LOT of sports anime recently sooooo here’s an article about how a Sports Fandom can make you healthier from the University of Utah.
- There’s been a couple articles written about how libraries can incorporate fandom into its programming. At Library of the Future, fandom was discussed as an upcoming trend and what that means for libraries. It goes on to say, “This could make it an important space for libraries to design programming and instruction around, especially in ways that promote Connected Learning that is highly social, interest-driven, hands on and production oriented. ” More success stories about how Fandoms encourage reading and creative minds were also discussed in this article. This might be a good time to put in my own two cents. Libraries were where I really got into fandom, whether it was reading some of my favorite books or spending hours on the library internet reading fanfiction because we didn’t have the same access at home. Our local library was definitely a huge influence in cultivating my fandom experiences.
- The Bustle wrote 5 Things You Should Know About Slash, which was an interesting read. #4 in particular is something a lot of people don’t talk about. Any thoughts?
- Finally, The Mary Sue had a great interview with authors of Fangasm: Supernatural Fangirls – which is a fanthropologic look as girls in the Supernatural Fandom. Definitely worth a look.