More Blogging Awards means another oppurtunity where I prattle on answering questions. Hopefully that kind of thing doesn’t bore you. If it does- just skip to the end to find some cool blogs I’ve nominated.
Depepi nominated me for another Liebster Award and I’ll take this time to answer some other lovely award nominations I’ve received.
So, what do you need to do?
- Link back to who nominated you.
- Answer the questions the nominator asked you.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create 11 questions for the 5-11 folks in step 3.
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Notify your nominee!
These awards are a great way to discover new blogs and learn a bit about this blog! So I’ll leave some nominations at the end.
- Which is your favorite character from Team Free Will? I’m a Dean fangirl! Always have been. always will be.
- Which is your favorite gif from Tumblr? Why? My life in one gif.
- How many geeky tees do you have in your wardrobe collection? Too many! I’m a shirt.woot and teefury junkie.
- The last fandom you joined is? I think it was either X-men or The Hobbit. I’m not exactly sure how my own timeline of fandom works.
- How would you describe Q? A letter that struggles to find it’s place in the world.
- LLAP, second breakfast or saving people and hunting things? Second Breakfast!
- Which is your OTP? I have so many! But I guess the one that I wish the they would just admit to be canon is Cherik (Charles/Erik)
- If you were Sigyn, what would you say to Loki after discovering about Sleipnir? “Do you think horses get songs stuck in their heads?” -Tina Belcher
- What do you do with a tape and a pencil? Draw cats
- Would you wear with yourself a towel for an interstellar travel? What could it be used for? Since I can’t keep a towel wrapped around me if my life depended on it and I’d much rather explore space in a pair of my favorite fat-pants, I’m going to say no.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee!!
Blogger Recognition Award
Thanks Erin from Flirty, Dirty, and Oh So Nerdy for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award.
Also, this award was created by the Edge of Night. And these are the rules:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing.
Geek Girl Senshi‘s Origins
I’ve wanted to write about anime / manga for a while, ever since I discovered that fandom studies could actually be a thing. However, I didn’t really think about it in a blog sense until my good friend Dee (Josei Next Door) started her delightful blog. Before this I was in a bit of an anime slump, I’d just moved and it was difficult finding a gang to just chill and talk about anime with. The blog helped a lot with that and meeting other anime bloggers has helped keep me motivated to watch new shows, share opinions, and write about this thing that I love so much.
My Advice for Bloggers
If possible, don’t fall behind in posting. Make a schedule for yourself of when you want to post and stick to it. At the beginning of every month I plan out when and what I want to post. It doesn’t always go according to plan, but for the most part I stick to it. This helps grow blog content fast and keep viewers coming. If you prove yourself to be reliable they’ll be reliable readers (and commenters.)
The Creative Blogger Award
I was happy to be nominated for The Creative Blogger Award by That90’sKid who is really sweet and one of my first blogging buddies when Geek Girl started!
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify the nominees.
2. Post the link of the blog that nominated you.
3. Share five random facts about yourself.
5 Facts About Me
- Japan: I was in Japan when the Tsunami of 2011 hit. Extra bonus, it was my 21st birthday weekend. At the time I was partying it up in Osaka and didn’t even know anything had happened until the next morning when I received frantic messages from home asking if everything was alright. Unfortunately because of that I was forced to return home early. (And that’s the one interesting thing that has ever happened to me.)
- Books: I’m currently working on a Sci Fi / Fantasy novel that is being edited and will hopefully be sent out to Agents this winter. Wish me luck!
- Money: The best $30 I ever spent was adopting my cat at the local shelter. They were trying to get rid of Kit-teens (cats that were out of the cute and fluffy stages of being a Kitten.) So essentially I bought him at bargain price. I’ll never let him forget it.
- Comics: My favorite Super Hero is Spider-Man, because he was one of the first things my father and I have ever bonded over. We saw the first movie together and all the ones after that, because of this I will never grow tired of Spider-Man movies. Never. (Sorry, world.)
- Running: One of my all-time favorite books is What I Talk About When I Talk About Running By: Haruki Murakami. It’s not exactly the book he’s most well-known for, but he’s a great Japanese Author who’s a big running geek like me, and his musings are very inspirational. This year I’m taking on my first full marathon and this book was the factor that helped me finally commit.
THANK YOU ALL for the nominates and the votes of confidence. Keep on blogging! Now for my nominations: At this point I feel like we’re all tagging each other in a infinite loop, so maybe you’ve already been nominated before. Because of that please pick an award from the three that you’d like to fulfill.